Saturday, June 14, 2008
Punjab Land Records Society,Jalandhar
Name of the Department Revenue, Punjab Department
Name of the Project Integrated Computerization of Land Records Management System and Registration of Documents
Brief Description of • Under the Ministry of Communications and Information Project Technology, Government of India sponsored
“Horizontal Transfer of Successful e-Governance Initiatives” program, pilot project regarding Computerization of Land Records was sanctioned for
implementation in one district.
• Capture data of Record of Rights and other registers
• To provide better integrated services to the common man
• To map Land records with GIS
Present Status • Pilot implementation at district Kapurthala is completed.
Opened e-patwari centre for issuing nakals of Land Records at Pholriwal, Jalandhar.
• A society namely “Punjab Land Records Society” (PLRS) under Director, Land Records has been formed to handle the computer related activities for Land Records and Registration of Property project.
• The project includes automation of the process covers Change of ownership (Mutation), Crop updation (Girdawari), Modifying field maps, & Updating record of
• Initiated statewide rollout of two pilot projects namely computerization of Land Records Management System and Registration of Documents in an integrated manner.
• Statewide rollout on PPP model in progress. CMS has been selected as BOOT partner
• 153 Service delivery centres are being opened for delivery of services relating to Land Records and Registration of properties across the State.
Technology Used Microsoft/ .NET & technology
Operating System Window Server/2003
Front-end Windows XP Professional
RDBMS SQL Server platform
Type of Architecture Distributed Client/Server 3 Tier
Language English/ Punjabi
Modules • Change of ownership (Mutation)
• Crop updation (Girdawari)
• Modifying field maps
• Updating record of rights (Jamabandi)
Services o Land Record
Registration of Documents